Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Saturday, January 14, 2012

First week back...

So the first week back from break is over. And I must say, it has happened. Yes, again. What is it, you ask? Christmas. Break. Magic. Perhaps you all have heard of this wonderful occurrence. Christmas Break Magic is the thing that happens while the students are gone so that when they come back, they are ready to rock and roll and get down to business in class. I don't know what it is, but it always happens! The first or second day back I'll find myself looking around the classroom and realizing, "WOW! Everyone is in their seats! WOW, I am not running myself ragged going around to nearly every student who is needing help or off task! WOW, they can do more independent work and are doing it quietly!"

It's amazing, it really is.

I love Kindergarten, but I REALLY love post-December kindergarten. I can do so many more cool things with my kiddos just because they are finally ready to do them!

We are in our weather reading theme for the next 3 weeks, so that's what most of my posts will be about in the meantime. We started weather observation journals and their writing has grown so much! Every morning we've been brainstorming different weather describing words to put in a sentence stem: "I like _________ days." They nearly filled up the whole big pocket chart with their words they came up with. They've been using a ton of them in their writing as well, so I'm loving what the chart has done for their vocabulary.

On Thursday we watched a video about temperature on brainpopjr.com and then went outside with real thermometers to check our own weather temperature that day. They were having the best discussions with each other about what was happening and why.

I have no pictures this time, sadly! I never think about it until after the activity is done. I've gotta be better at that!

Have a great long weekend! And hello to my new followers! :)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your darling blog and became your newest follower!! I can relate to thinking about pictures after my things are done and put away!! GRRRRR.
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You won our Give-Away, but I don't have your email... AHHH!!! Will you please email me? Then I can send you your goodies!

    owens65066@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy Bees -- welcome!! I will follow your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete