Five for Friday! One of my favorite linkys.. and I have met some new wonderful bloggers through it, too! Thanks to Doodlebugs Teaching for creating such a fun weekly post!
1. It was my birthday on Tuesday! I turned 29... My little class spoiled me and kept singing to me at different times throughout the day. They were as excited as if it were their own birthday! Love them.
2. We love using Deedee Wills' fabulous math journal prompts every month! They've gotten so good at solving word problems thanks to her math journal products! You should really check them out! I love how this kiddo's drawing turned out.. and he added the number sentence at the bottom all on his own! I was a proud teacher.
3. The weather has been absolutely perfect in Arizona this week, so one afternoon during our math block we trekked outside to do a little sidewalk chalk subtraction! I would call out a number sentence and they solved it how they knew best: brain, pictures, or fingers! They were confused at first though... some were asking, "How do I erase it??" "You mean we leave it here forever??" Haha.
4. A kinder friend left this little note on her white board for me to find when I returned to my table on Friday. Kindergarten is the best grade ever when you want a little self-esteem or ego boost! Ha!
5. I am participating in the Spring Cleaning sale this weekend! My wishlist is packed and I'm going to use this chance to get some of it off of there and into my hot little hands! You can get 20% off everything in my store today and tomorrow! Click on the picture below to go straight to my store!
Thanks to Krista Wallden for the super cute graphic!