Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently September!!

I am loving this Labor Day off of school... it's the perfect time to catch your breath after a few weeks of school. I'm joining up with Farley's super great Currently linky for September!


{Listening}: I have had The Civil Wars new album on repeat ever since it came out. Amazing album, and the songs are incredible. I am so bummed they are currently on hiatus... "Same Old, Same Old" is one of my favorite songs on the album.

{Loving}: The Pioneer Woman. I totally love her!! Her blog is absolutely hilarious and all her recipes are seriously YUM. And her book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" is a must read, it's the story of how she met and married her husband (AKA, Marlboro Man). So cute and funny. Her show is awesome, too!

{Thinking}: Has anyone else started the new HM Journeys reading series this year? It's so different from the old one and has SO much information. My kinder team are treading through it and trying to figure it out as best we can! We've been making a ton of stuff to go along with the read alouds (cause let's face it, the response sheets that come with the reading series are pretty.... shall we same, lame? And would take them about 2 seconds to complete? Haha). I'm planning a post soon about some of the things we've done with this new series!

{Wanting}: I've been contemplating upgrading my satellite receiver to a DVR one. I didn't get it cause I wanted to save money, but now if I miss a show I have to try and watch it on my computer and it is a pain if they delete episodes before I watch them, and it's not as comfortable. As I'm typing this it seems like the dumbest thing in the world to complain about... HA! But yes! DVR would make my TV watching life easier. ;)

{Needing}: I need to finish my lesson plans for the week... I've only finished the first 2 days! But who wants to do that on their day off? Sigh. Putting it off until later today. :D

{<3}: The first goal I've set for myself is to organize my stations and center games. Right now I've got them all in a plastic bin inside manila envelopes, but I think I'm going to forgo the envelopes and transfer them to ziploc gallon bags, then file them in a hanging file box and put sticky tabs on the side to tell me what activity it is. I'm hoping that will make them more accessible so I remember all the great stuff I have to use!

Second, I really want to start doing something special for my kinder teammates every month. I'm the team lead this year, so I really want to just do something simple for them every so often that lets them know I appreciate them! First on the list... found adorable chevron notebooks on clearance at Target and I'm going to pair them with some baked goods and a cute label! Not sure what I want it to say yet!

Third, eating healthier. Really. My pants have gotten tight enough. Haha! I want to start with making healthy lunches to bring to school and trickling that down into dinners... I just gotta stay committed!

Head on over to Oh Boy 4th Grade and join in the fun!! Happy day off!

2 comments:

  1. My mom loves watching the Pioneer Woman! I so agree with wanting a DVR! I think my cable company offers them now, but they're just too expensive for me to justify getting one. Guess I'll just settle with using my DVD player to record really good shows when I'm not home to watch them!

    Ms. Julie aka Southern Teacher
    Southern Teacher WBT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new Kindergarten blogs since my son just started Kindergarten this year!!! I'm your newest follower:)

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete