Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Saturday, May 21, 2011

School's out for summer...

My last day of school was Thursday. Woohoo! I'm sad to see my kinder babies go, but am welcoming this break with open arms! Tuesday we had our Kindergarten Luau Promotion, and it was so stinkin' cute. My kiddos sang and danced to 6 songs and received their promotion certificate along with a lei. All of us teachers got a little lump in our throats when they ended the show with "Aloha Oe"; a Hawaiian farewell song. They've come so far in a year! I think that's one of the things I love most about teaching kinder. They come to you crying, having potty accidents, rolling around on the carpet, not knowing how to go to school... and then they leave you as little responsible students who can read and write like crazy. Love seeing how much growth they make! The hardest part is knowing you have to go back to square one in August with a new batch! Haha!

This summer I hope to start making a lot of my own supplemental activities and units to go along with what we have, especially since we have to implement common core standards (anyone else with me on that??) next year. They totally changed up our math standards so we need to get crackin' making our own materials since our math curriculum is terrible! If any of you guys have ideas you want to share that you will be doing with common core, I'd love to hear them!

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment