1. For my friend's birthday, I wanted to make her something cute and crafty, so I decided to make one of the fabric-covered cork boards that I've had pinned on Pinterest for awhile now. It was SUPER easy to make, and cheap too! I already had a few of the round hot plates from Ikea on hand, and I went to Hobby Lobby for the rest: chevron fabric, burlap flower, and a glue gun! Cost me a grand total of $9.00! I love how it turned out. I made one for my mom's birthday, too, and pinned a couple of gift cards inside small paper envelopes to hers.
2. On Wednesday night I had the privilege to see one of my favorite bands live -- Mumford and Sons! The only downside was that there were SO many people there - it was a huge outdoor venue...plus I was in the boonies! But they were amazing live!
3. Now that school is out, I have more time to cook and try out new recipes. I've been glued to The Pioneer Woman's blog because, hello, her food is amazing. I tried out the breakfast quesadilla and it was, wait for it.... AMAZING. Go make it... now! Don't worry that it isn't even time for breakfast! ;)
4. Of course I haven't completely stopped thinking about school. I started creating a new alphabet activity pack to use for the beginning of next year! I'm going to post it on TPT soon! Just need to create a few more goodies to finish it off!
5. My cousin is coming into town from the Air Force today! I haven't seen her in over 6 months. She is like a sister to me, so I am super excited! We already have a ton of things planned for next week with our families. Can't wait!