Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Currently!

Hi folks! The sizzling feeling I get when I touch the steering wheel in my car tells me that it is June in Arizona. And with June brings Farley's "Currently" linky! I've connected with so many great bloggers thanks to this monthly party. You should join in too!


{Listening}: One of the best bands I have ever had the privilege of seeing live is Gungor. If you haven't heard of them, go NOW. "Dry Bones" is one of my favorite songs...

{Loving}: My favorite book series of all time... Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I've read the first book 3 times and am now going through the whole series (7 books so far) a second time around in hopes that I will finish them all by the time the 8th book comes out in late fall! Anyone else a fan of these books? They are SO good... they are a mix of romance, adventure, science fiction, historical fiction... etc! It has a bit of everything! And Jamie Fraser might be the perfect man. Heehee.

{Thinking}: It is so hot today in Arizona. 109 degrees. All you can do is pray and hope you won't disgustingly sweat through all your clothes. Sadly this won't even be the hottest temperature of the year!

{Wanting}: So I mentioned this in my last blog post, but at the last minute they informed us that the cleaning people would be cleaning our rooms for the summer the day after school got out. And, well, my classroom still looked like kids would be coming to school the next day. Usually I take the whole week after school gets out to go through everything, clean, and organize... but this time I had to shove everything in whatever basket, bin, container, and cabinet I could find so that they could clean my entire room. I wanted to cry! Now it's even more disheveled than usual, and good luck if I can find where everything is. I want to go in after they are done cleaning to get it all organized cause I don't think I can relax for the summer until it is!

{Needing}: Dishes and laundry have piled up, but they aren't exactly at the top of my list of summer vacation "to-do's"... :D

{3 Vacay Essentials}: Not that I am even going on a road trip this year, but if I was my three essentials would be flip flops, my ipod for tunes, and my camera to document everything. Wish I was going somewhere fun, but alas!

Head on over to Oh Boy 4th Grade and join in the "currently" fun!!

8 comments:

  1. OOH. I love your blog design.
    It's been a long time since I read Outlander but hello. Anything Scottish is almost guaranteed to be a win.

    And how strange ... I have heard OF the song Dry Bones and fairly recently, too, but I don't remember where. And have never heard the band name. #offtolookitup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I hope you like Gungor, if you check out more of their music! And AGREED on the Scottish comment. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! 109 is hot! It has been in the 90s here in VA and I thought I was melting!

    Found your blog through Currently and I am your newest follower. Would love for you to head over and check out my blog!

    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed your blog and left a comment! Yay!

      Your 90 degrees in VA is probably just as bad because you have all the humidity! Thankfully we don't have that along with our high temps!

      Delete
  3. I would definitely melt too in that heat! Your blog is so cute. Glad to find you through Farley.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...you have my interest!

    I'm going to look up Gungor as soon as I leave here. Always looking for new music.

    I've got a few friends who have read the Outlander books. They are on my list!

    ~Michelle
    Making It As A Middle School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I hope you like what you hear!

      And yes... you definitely need to read them! So good!!

      Delete