Header Home About Me Shop Freebies Contact FB IG Pinterest TPT Bloglovin email

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oh the Weather Outside... {Weather Themed Activities for the Common Core!}

We are in the middle of our three week weather unit and I am very excited to share my newest TPT product with you all: Oh the Weather Outside... {Weather Themed Activities for Math, Literacy, and More!}. It has 101 pages and is packed full of hands-on, weather themed literacy, writing, and math activities for your classroom! It meets the Common Core standards and includes literacy and math stations, writing activities, games, and more! Here's a little preview below:


My kids have been loving the activities we've done so far. I took a few pictures of some of the writing activities my kids have completed to share with you! I was so proud of their writing -- one of the writing prompts included in my weather unit is "On My Favorite Weather Day..." and my kids used this prompt in their writing center last week.
 

We also have been pretending to be meteorologists! Every day I have been taking my class outside with a makeshift microphone (AKA: styrofoam ball on top of a pencil) and they report the weather each day. Then we come back inside to record our observations in our weather journals, which are also included in this unit! We choose one "weather word of the day", record it in the box at the top, and the rule is, they have to use that word at least once in their journals.



Here's a few of the pocket chart activities included in the unit in action from last year.








You can find all these and MUCH more in my new weather unit! Click on the picture below to go to my little store! And I know I don't have all that many followers yet, but the first person to comment will get this unit for FREE!

 photo WeatherCoverPicture_zps5e480629.png

5 comments:

  1. Hoping I'm the first!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are! Congrats! Sending it your way now! Enjoy and thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. What a cute pack! Will it work for 1st? I will go check it out! The pictures your kiddos drew are precious!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! You could definitely make it work for your first graders, especially if you do your weather activities in the first half of the year. I have a more detailed description of the unit here at my store, you are welcome to check it out to see if it will fit your students' needs! :) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Oh-the-Weather-Outside-Weather-Themed-Activities-for-Math-Literacy-More

      Delete
    2. PS: not sure why there are 2 giant spaces in between the last 2 words in my comment... I guess blogger has a mind of its own sometimes. ;)

      Delete